Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Old Clothes

At what point does someone have to throw something away? A couple weeks ago, after the holidays actually, I got a couple new shirts, and as a result, I threw a couple into the donation bag because they didn't really fit anymore. When we went to Good Will to drop them off, I remembered that I had had the one shirt since I was in the sorority. I remembered wearing it with carpenter jeans and a grey cardigan. That made me a little sad and a little nostalgic.

Tonight, when I was trying to lay out some clothes for tomorrow, I came across a sweater that I was given by my ex-fiance's parents as a gift once. I haven't worn it the entire time I have lived in the twin cities, but I still have it. Is it time to donate that?

How about the sweater that I bought on a day when Steph bought the exact same sweater? That sweater hasn't been worn since I had kids, but I can't bring myself to donate that, even though I haven't probably worn that since Lukin was born. I just don't know.

No comments: