Monday, January 31, 2011

Random thoughts

So, I was thinking about my former boss and how she got fired. I think that it was something that probably inevitable. But then I was looking online at school board meetings minutes from meetings leading up to her being fired.

The ironic thing that I keep thinking about is the fact that at one of her later meetings that she was at, she got upset with the board for not taking a vote on whether or not she could bring her dog(s?) to work when she was there and no one else was. The actual minutes said that she "demanded a vote". Like she gets to demand things. I wondered to myself if that was really the reason she was let go, because she said that if she was going to work a 14 hour day and no one was there, she was bringing her dog(s?) to work. That would be funny. At least to me it would be.

The other thing I was thinking about was the television show "I Shouldn't Be Alive." Has anyone seen this show? Last night I watched an episode about these two guys that got stranded in the Alps. They were there like 4 or five days before the first blizzard subsided and rescue came, but rescue couldn't save them because of the updraft from the mountain so they had to stay and wait more. On day 7, they were rescued, except in the time between the first appearance of the helicopter and the second, one of the guys dies from hypothermia and the other lost his limbs to frostbite. I can't shake thinking about that. It's truly an example of "What a difference a day makes."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how do you put up with bosses like the one you had..

they are real pain