Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pray for my luggage to arrive

We are now entering hour 65 of Luggage-gate. This means that my luggage still hasn't arrived. Needless to say, this is continuing to cause me stress. It is causing me stress on two levels, one is the fact that I am going to have to buy everything again. The other is that I don't have the stuff that I am used to having when I get ready for work or bed.

In other words, I am stressed about the amount of money I will have to spend to replace everything. I have already spent $85 and that was just to replace makeup (and some of it wasn't even the real makeup I use). That doesn't account for the clothes, my winter coat, my hockey jersey, my cosmetic case, my cosmetics, and my suitcase. The other thing is that I wish I had my stuff because in buying substitute make up, I didn't buy the quality stuff I usually get, I just bought some cheap stuff at Target. Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with that stuff, it's just that I don't know which formula to buy or what shade to buy. So I bought the stuff I bought and it was/is too orangy. I cried this morning because it's just wrong and I want my stuff back.

I hope the stuff comes soon because I miss having glasses. You don't realize how much you miss your stuff until you don't have your stuff anymore. I miss being able to take our my contacts and wear my glasses. I miss being able to lay in bed and watch Leno, but now I can listen, at best, because I can't see that well without my contacts in.

I am hopeful that this will come to an end today. I am hoping that God will answer my prayers and bring my luggage home. I am hopeful, but not confident.

3 comments:

A. Rae said...

I am not kidding when I say that if they can't/won't find your luggage, and won't reimburse you, get a lawyer. That's a lot of stuff to lose.

-Me.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Amanda....that's a bunch of crap...where did it go?? It's not like you have 3-4 different flight changes, it was 1 flight! I'm keepin my fingers crossed for you....this is just ridiculous!!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I happened to fall upon your blog while researching "lost luggage" here is some info which may be helpful to you (depending which airline you flew.) Best of luck with your luggage.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=travel&res=9b06e1d81030f935a15752c0a9659c8b63