Tuesday, April 01, 2008

More luggage stories...almost makes you wanna drive.

My husband will argue semantics on this one but I have more luggage stories to tell. So for those of you who are/were wondering, yes, I did eventually get my bag back. They found it Thursday (before Easter) and we found about it after dinner Thursday night and went and picked it up.

So the next day, Lukin and I were to leave for Fargo for Easter. But Lukin had his last day of class first. So we got up extra early and got all ready so that we could take our luggage out to the airport and check in before class so that we wouldn't have to worry about making the cut off time between class and the flight. We were fortunate enough to get the last seat on the plane and Lukin slept on my lap the whole way.

Upon arriving in Fargo, I was worried that our stuff wouldn't come (and really, who could blame me at that point?) but was relieved to see our suitcase at baggage claim. However, we waited until the very end and no car seat ever showed up. Are you effin kidding me? There were quite a few people who didn't get their luggage so we all filed over to the ticket counter to check on our luggage. When it was my turn, I handed her my ticket and told her that my suitcase had come but my suitcase hadn't. She looked at my ticket and told me that since I was standby that, basically, wasn't their problem (which I know is BS since they had found my bag the day before...whatever). I wanted to rip her head off but maintained my composure enough to ask if they had a car seat. So she disappears to find me a loaner car seat, and when she comes back I ask if she knows where our car seat went. She checks on her computer and it was in Duluth. Are you effin kidding me? Thankfully it came the next day and we were okay, especially since when they gave us the car seat they said that we could keep it because it's a liability for them to take it back once it has been loaned out.

But then on Tuesday when we went to fly home from Grand Forks, we got down the baggage claim again to find that both our suitcases were there but again, there was no car seat. What the...?!? My husband, knowing how much patience I had left about luggage getting lost, went to check on it and they had someone go out and check by where the plane had been to see if it was there. And sure enough it was. Thank goodness. I had almost lost all faith in traveling by air.

Post Script: My husband and I went to ND this past weekend and we were both able to get there and back with our bags. Success!!

No comments: