Monday, May 05, 2008

Lordy, lordy. Look who's 39 and 12/12th.




So this weekend it was Sonny's 40th birthday, as the sign says. We got a group of Sonny's and my friends together and went to a Twins game. It was a lot of fun. And a big thanks to "TR2" for taking the pictures and emailing them to me so I could post them.

Four of the eight of us (Brenda, Amanda, Sonny and I) drove to the train stop together and met up with two others (Tom and Tricia) and all took the train down to the Metrodome together. Once there, we met up with the other two people (Naomi and Nick). It was at that moment that I realized that Sonny and I were the only ones who didn't have first names that started with the same letter like the other two couples. Oh well.

I would like to tell you how exciting the game was, but if you know me, you know that I pretty much talked the whole time. I know that we won, and also had the opportunity to vote for the All-Star team, but other than that, I don't really know what was happening. But, hey, it's not totally my fault. When you go to those things with people you haven't seen in a while, it's hard not to visit.

After the game, we were lucky enough to get on a train that wasn't totally packed so we were able to visit all the way back to our where we parked. Then Tom and Tricia had to drive over to our car to deliver Sonny's 40 gifts...40 bottles of different kinds of beer. So, if anyone wants to invite us to a BBQ any time soon, we will be set for beverages.

After that, we went to Joe Sensor's and met up with Brenda's sister (Deb) and her husband (Sam) who weren't able to join us for the game because they had a previous plans for the early part of the evening. But it was fun when we all met up. Deb showed me some pictures of one of our sorority sister's weddings and the wedding of a "gamer friend" we know. I use the term friend rather loosely because I haven't talked to him since my sister's funeral, or maybe the summer after. Anyway, we had a good chuckle at the fact that his wedding party favors were 20 sided die. Seriously.

So, all in all, Sonny's birthday party was fun. He was a pretty tired old man when we got home, as he quickly retired to bed while Amanda and I sat up and visited.

As for his 'real' birthday, we went the Gast House (or however it's spelled) in Stillwater. It's a German restaurant. It was a nice meal and it was a really fun weekend.

Thanks to all who were involved for your participation!!

No comments: