Monday, January 14, 2008

JUNO

So take a wild guess as to what film my husband and I went to see yesterday? You are correct if you guessed Juno. I have to say, I wanted to see this movie and it more than met my expectations. I mean the movie was laugh out loud funny. The characters were funny and it had a real feel to it.

I also liked that it was set here in MN. Of course, that could be because the woman who wrote the screen play (Is her name Diablo Cody?) lived in MN for a while. But I liked that the characters lived in MN and didn't sound like country hicks, like the movies Fargo and Drop Dead Gorgeous tried to portray. Maybe it was because they lived in the twin cities and the twin cities are thought to be more metropolitan. I don't know.

Granted, there are parts of the movie where you get this haunting feeling that something is going to happen. And you assume that it's going to be something bad because there are these parts of the movie (mostly the parts with Jennifer Garner and Jason Bateman's characters) where you feel like you don't know the whole story and that it feels like it takes a while to get that information to help you out. But, you wouldn't want that information all at the beginning because then the movie wouldn't keep you wondering how it would all turn out.

I enjoyed this movie and I would recommend that you all get out and see it. It's cute. It's quirky. And it's enjoyable. It's too bad that it didn't win a Golden Globe, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a great movie. I would go see it again in a heartbeat.

Amanda, didn't you love the music for the movie? Even the music was different and quirky.

2 comments:

A. Rae said...

I really did like the music, in fact. I'd like to get the soundtrack. Although, in times past, I've found out that sometimes the tunes from the flick aren't ON the soundtrack.

Yeah, I'm talking to you, "The Longest Yard" remake with Adam Sandler and Nelly.

Juniper Spangletoes said...

Never saw that movie. I know that my dad got it for Christmas one year, but that's really neither here nor there.