Monday, January 07, 2008

The holiday recap

Okay, so there is so much to talk about but I don't like to have really lengthy entries so I will try to narrow it down. Here's my Christmas break in a nutshell.

1. We went to Grandma's in Argusville for 6 days: from Friday to Wednesday, although we didn't get there until late Friday night. Most of those days were spent with 15 other people. That is way too much time to spend with that many people in a house with only one water heater. Brrr. Several cold showers will send you packing to head elsewhere as soon as the holiday is over.

2. We went to Cavalier for the next 8 days. I think it was 8 days: from Wednesday to the following Thursday? I think so. Although, we went back and forth between there and Grand Forks. Anyway, it was pretty fun to be there although it was pretty activity filled considering everyone was working. My uncle from Hebron and his son came up for a night. We went to the UND vs. UNH hockey game on Saturday night and stayed over at the Hilton until Sunday, then we picked up Sonny when he flew back and headed back to Cavalier.

3. Then on Monday, our anniversary, we headed back to Grand Forks, to the Hilton to stay for our anniversary. We stayed until Wednesday. I don't know if we will do that next year again. It sucks to have to check out of a hotel before noon on New Year's Day, but not having a day full of activity makes for a slow moving New Year's Day. We played bingo at the VFW. Wow. We are cool, old and married.

4. We headed for home on Thursday. To me, it seemed that it took less time to drive from Cavalier to Eagan than it did to drive from Eagan to Fargo. That doesn't make any sense. Of course, not having the cities traffic probably helped.

5. Then once we were home, Lukin didn't feel compelled to get back on a normal sleep schedule and is still staying up til 9 or later. I think that he needs to get back on schedule because he drives nuts me after 8 pm. Probably because she doesn't go nigh-nigh, or maybe because when he does get put in his crib, he cries until Daddy takes him out to let him lay in our bed until he falls asleep. That needs to be wrapped up soon because I don't want Lukin to be sleeping with us until Kindergarten.

Well, that ended up being a little bit longer than I planned but now you are mostly caught up. There are other things that I didn't mention, like the day trip to Milwaukee to eat at the Safe House and go on the Miller Brewery Tour. It was fun, but we certainly didn't need to get up at 4:10 am. Okay. Have a swell day!

No comments: