Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Friday night's adventures

So, this weekend, I got drunk. I don't know if I would necessarily call it that, but it was fun. I haven't let my hair down like that since, I don't even remember. Stacie says that she hadn't seen me that drunk since her 21st. She will be 24 in April. She is probably right. Ever since I have been a mom, that just doesn't really appeal to me. It's bad enough to have a hangover, let alone a hangover with a small child who will zap any remaining energy, just didn't have any appeal to me.

Anyway, Lukin was with Grandma and Grandpa this weekend in the cities. So that was out the window. I caught a ride from the Fargo airport to GF with my aunt Shell (Michelle) and uncle Mark. We did their usual pre-game routine of going to El Roco and grabbing a bite to eat and a couple beverages before catching a bus over to the game. That was fun, and coincidentally what got me started. I decided to have a Mike's Hard Lime. It was good. So I had another. Usually, by this time it is time to go and I don't usually drink at the game. However, I needed to buy a beer for my aunt and uncle because they paid for my stuff at El Roco. So at the game, I had two more Mike's, only they were the 'game-size' bottles. Then after that, I didn't drink anything for a while.

I left the game with my husband who had to take a later flight and drive up and meet me at the game. We left the arena and went and picked up my sister Stacie, and her fiance Mike and we went over to Overtime's for a couple beverages. I think we stayed there for either two or three before going across the street to the Down UNDer for a couple. Stacie and I had each had a shot of Hot Sex and a Chuck Norris and each of us had our normal drink of choice. My husband eventually cut me off saying the only thing I could have to drink would be a water. I ordered one, but never drank it.

It was a lot of fun. Really. Not that I am condoning that behavior, but I don't suppose I need to wait three years to do it again. Every once in a while cutting loose is okay.

(Oh and for the record, I was up and at 'em by 9:30 the next morning. My sister was surprised when she called me at 11:00-ish and I was up and moving. Oh and sorry to disappoint. There was no vomiting in the story, because none happened. I didn't even get heartburn.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honestly....sooo much fun! Can't wait to do it again! Maybe you can come up for my birthday again this year, but actually stay the weekend???? :) It was fun to go out with you and Sonny...Mike and I had a good time (if you couldn't tell) :D